With Hublot, the word Fusion is not just the name of a replica watch. It is much more than that. it is a motto, a proper guideline for the design. Fusion refers to the concept of mixing materials, something that has always been in the DNA of the bold manufacture. Fusion of gold and ceramic, fusion of metals and rubber, fusion of gold and patinated leather, fusion of everything that you can imagine and more… Hublot dares to integrate in replica watches materials that you would have never thought about. And they did it again, with the Hublot Classic Fusion Italia Independent, using authentic fabric dials & straps, the result of a collaboration with the highly creative enfant terrible Lapo Elkann.
This is not the first time that these two terrible children of the luxury industry do team up to create replica watches. Since 2014, two collections have been born from the partnership between Hublot, Italia Independent and Lapo Elkann. Although both of the previous collections were based on the bold, masculine and large Big Bang Unico model (with carbon fibre cases and blue jean or camo printings), this new one will go on new territories, more subtle, more on the codes of masculine elegance and sartorial. The goal here was clearly to push the concept of fusion, dear to Hublot, and of customization and bespoke design, dear to Italia Independent and Lapo Elkann, to the highest level. And the result can be seen on these 6 editions of the Hublot Classic Fusion.
The more elegant and understated (to Hublot’s standards) Classic Fusion Chronograph, with a 45mm case, is here the play-field for a mix of metals with the finest fabrics from Italian tailor Rubinacci. And here, no printings on brass plates to create dials. Just like the brand did by using leather with Berluti, they now create straps (just like URWERK did with the UR-110) but also dials with authentic fabrics, for instance: Houndstooth, Prince of Wales (for three editions) and Tartan (for two editions too). This project was of course Lapo’s baby, a man known for being one of the most elegant in the world, as the grandson of king of style Gianni Agnelli (ex-CEO of Fiat Group).
The supplier of these fabrics, “sartoria Rubinacci”, was not chosen at random: since 1932, three generations of Rubinacci have been at the reins of this institution of good taste and masculine refinement. They have dressed everybody from the Duke of Kent to singer Bryan Ferry, not to mention of course the Agnelli family, of which Lapo Elkann is the worthy successor. They know about style and sartorial for sure, and this can be seen in this new Hublot Classic Fusion Italia Independent collection.
The Hublot Classic Fusion Italia Independent collection comprises 6 replica watches, in 3 different materials: titanium with black and white “Houndstooth” (100 pieces limited edition) or Blue and Red “Prince of Wales” (50 pieces limited edition) dial and strap, black ceramic with black and white “Prince of Wales” (100 pieces limited edition) or Blue and Red “Tartan” (50 pieces limited edition) and finally 18k King Gold with black and white “Prince of Wales” (50 pieces limited edition) or dark “Tartan” (50 pieces limited edition).
All these replica watches come in the same 45mm x 13.05mm case with automatic chronograph in it (ETA-based, 2892, 42h power reserve, 4Hz frequency). Cases show the usual style and execution of the Classic Fusion, meaning polished and brushed surfaces, the round bezel with 6 titanium screws and integration of composite resin (in black or blue, depending on the editions) for the middle case. All feature a rubber strap with fabrics matching the dials.
References of the Hublot Classic Fusion Italia Independent
- 521.NX.2702.NR.ITI17 – Classic Fusion Titanium Chronograph Italia Independent “Pied De Poule” (Houndstooth)
- 521.NX.2701.NR.ITI17 – Classic Fusion Titanium Chronograph Italia Independent “Prince de Galles” (Prince of Wales)
- 521.CM.2703.NR.ITI17 – Classic Fusion Ceramic Chronograph Italia Independent “Tartan”
- 521.CM.2706.NR.ITI17 – Classic Fusion Ceramic Chronograph Italia Independent “Prince de Galles” (Prince of Wales)
- 521.OX.2705.NR.ITI17 – Classic Fusion King Gold Chronograph Italia Independent “Tartan”
- 521.OX.2704.NR.ITI17 – Classic Fusion King Gold Chronograph Italia Independent “Prince de Galles” (Prince of Wales)
Specifications of the Hublot Classic Fusion Italia Independent
- Case: 45mm diameter x 13.05mm thickness – Titanium / Ceramic / King Gold, with composite resin – Sapphire crystal on both sides – 50mm water resistant
- Movement: HUB1143 calibre (ETA base) – Automatic – 4Hz frequency – 42h power reserve – Chronograph with small second and 30-minute counter and date
- Strap / Dial: authentic fabrics from sartoria Rubinacci